Koonung Secondary College is committed to:
- Encouraging and assisting all students to reach their academic potential
- The ongoing development of effective teaching and learning strategies in the curriculum
- The integration of new technologies across the curriculum to enhance student learning outcomes
- The provision of effective assessment and reporting procedures for monitoring student progress.
2021 VCE Handbook
2021 Year 10 Handbook
2021 Senior School Policy Booklet
Students from Years 10 to 12 are managed by the Senior Sub-School. Students have access to a wide range of studies from all learning areas, all of which make use of the extensive technology facilities the school provides. Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs also operate. An English as an Additional Language (EAL) program operates and staff assist students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
The College offers a more flexible curriculum structure for Year 10 students which provides:
- A curriculum that gives students a choice of subjects and a chance to develop their own curriculum pathway
- A structure that provides the opportunity for access to some VCE/VET Unit 1 and 2 studies for suitably qualified Year 10 students.